Canberra Scout Group Hall has been in use at this site since 1960 and has been the home of numerous Cub, Scout, Venturer and Rover groups.
However, the building itself has a longer history. From 1924 it was the Mess Hall for construction workers on the Old Parliament House building and was then moved to Kingston as a venue for the ‘Friendly Society’ providing sickness and medical cover to members. While in Kingston it was also a popular venue for dances and held the first meeting of the ACT Branch of the ALP in 1930.
By 1960 it was no longer needed in Kingston and a tender was put out for its disposal.
The scout group made a submission and the hall was moved here by members of the scout community after significant fundraising efforts.