This year around 700 people joined in the Lantern Walk around the wetlands and festivities at the Lyneham shops on Saturday 4 August.
Some of the great activities that happened at the event included:
- Lyneham Wetlands was lit with hundreds of lights, and amazing pond features, with the lantern walk around the Wetlands.
- Prosperous Mountain Lion Dance group led the walk around the wetlands.
- A fire twirler performed during the lantern walk (@pyromonkey).
- We had music happening over the evening from the Lyneham High School (LHS) Senior Jazz Band, BASK – Alan Bradbury & Simon Kravis, Tim Bevitt, and Pete Lyon from the Cashews.
- Food was provided by community stall holders and included sausages, hot spiced apple juice, soup, M&M cookies, cupcakes and ice cream.
- There were over $700 of prizes given away from local businesses (NextGen health club, Lyneham Turkish Pide & Kebabs, The Front and Mee Sing), including:
- Best lantern
- Best clothing art
- Voucher, as part of a draw, for people who signed up on the night to join the Lyneham Community Association
- There was warm winter recycled clothing for sale.
It’s was a great fun family event and was successfully organised by the community!