Great to see so many people engaged with future possibilities for Lyneham Oval and the wider area. The Lyneham Community Association had a steady stream of people at our stall at the fete, keen to add their ideas to our maps and to chat about their suggestions for improvements to the district. Thanks to everyone who contributed.
Here are the ideas we received (some more than once, and in no particular order):
- Community vegetable gardens, shared between schools and community (between LPS and creek)
- BMX trail for little kids
- More trees (between LPS and creek)
- BBQ and shelter shed (opposite Lyneham Commons)
- Planting and seating at the shops. More murals!
- Fitness stations along the creak (between Mouat St and the LPS-LHS bike path)
- Roundabout at intersection of Goodwin and Wattle
- Sculptures in the pond and surrounds at Lyneham wetlands
- Q: is the wetlands pump functional? properly maintained? is the biotype destroyed when the pond is emptied?
- Upgrade De Burgh St playground (more shade needed)
- Reclaim Sullivans Creek (between Mouat St and LPS-LHS bike path). That is, get rid of the concrete and make it appear natural.
- More tree plantings in area east of creek just south of Mouat St.
- Fenced in off-leash dog park in area east of creek just south of Mouat St.
- Better drop-off zone along Brigalow St for LPS
- Public playground and gazebo (on oval near Brigalow St and LPS)
- Soccer field on oval
- Upgrade oval (not so much to competition level, but for informal activities)
- Walking loop around oval (viz Harrison Park)
- Lighting for oval
- Safer crossing for children at intersection of Longstaff and Lewin
- More play equipment at Magpie Hill (already good, could improve)
- Reactivate BBQ at North Lyneham park
- Footpath through to Swindon St (near Hockey Centre) from Light Rail stop on Northbourne near Netball Centre
- Fix and revive North Lyneham Oval. Currently not fit for use except dogs pooing.
- Need an Access Centre (especially for older residents)
Feel free to add your ideas, or comment on those above…