Have a look at some fantastic photos from this year’s Light Up Lyneham.
If you’ve got some of your own you’d like us to add, email them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This year around 700 people joined in the Lantern Walk around the wetlands and festivities at the Lyneham shops on Saturday 4 August.
Some of the great activities that happened at the event included:
- Lyneham Wetlands was lit with hundreds of lights, and amazing pond features, with the lantern walk around the Wetlands.
- Prosperous Mountain Lion Dance group led the walk around the wetlands.
- A fire twirler performed during the lantern walk (@pyromonkey).
- We had music happening over the evening from the Lyneham High School (LHS) Senior Jazz Band, BASK – Alan Bradbury & Simon Kravis, Tim Bevitt, and Pete Lyon from the Cashews.
- Food was provided by community stall holders and included sausages, hot spiced apple juice, soup, M&M cookies, cupcakes and ice cream.
- There were over $700 of prizes given away from local businesses (NextGen health club, Lyneham Turkish Pide & Kebabs, The Front and Mee Sing), including:
- Best lantern
- Best clothing art
- Voucher, as part of a draw, for people who signed up on the night to join the Lyneham Community Association
- There was warm winter recycled clothing for sale.
It’s was a great fun family event and was successfully organised by the community!
Come and celebrate the end of another year and looking forward to the holidays.
If you can’t come along, we hope you have a safe and enjoyable end to your year and a positive start to the new year. We look forward to seeing you again in 2018!
Finally, thank you to all those who have contributed to the Lyneham Community Association this year. We achieved lots for Lyneham, starting with the wonderful Summer Soiree in February, Light Up Lyneham in July, stall at Lyneham Primary School Fete in October, engagement with Government about a range of Lyneham issues throughout the year, a survey and gathering of ideas for improving Lyneham, and much more.
See you at the celebration or in the new year.