Join us at what is set to be a wonderfully relaxing event.
Throughout the day we’ll have information available about the Lyneham Community Association and Lyneham Commons, yummy food to share and Canberra City Farm will also be joining us with some of their delicious locally made preserves for purchase.
Program for the day:
- 11.00 – Introduction and welcome to the event
- 11.15 – Making a bee hotel demonstration
- 11.45 – Learning about guilds
- 12.15 – Learning about using solarisation to kill couch grass
- 12.45 – Making a bee hotel demonstration
- 1.15 – Learning about guilds
- 1.45 – Learning about using solarisation to kill couch grass
Have a look at some fantastic photos from this year’s Light Up Lyneham.
If you’ve got some of your own you’d like us to add, email them to us at email@example.com.
This year around 700 people joined in the Lantern Walk around the wetlands and festivities at the Lyneham shops on Saturday 4 August.
Some of the great activities that happened at the event included:
- Lyneham Wetlands was lit with hundreds of lights, and amazing pond features, with the lantern walk around the Wetlands.
- Prosperous Mountain Lion Dance group led the walk around the wetlands.
- A fire twirler performed during the lantern walk (@pyromonkey).
- We had music happening over the evening from the Lyneham High School (LHS) Senior Jazz Band, BASK – Alan Bradbury & Simon Kravis, Tim Bevitt, and Pete Lyon from the Cashews.
- Food was provided by community stall holders and included sausages, hot spiced apple juice, soup, M&M cookies, cupcakes and ice cream.
- There were over $700 of prizes given away from local businesses (NextGen health club, Lyneham Turkish Pide & Kebabs, The Front and Mee Sing), including:
- Best lantern
- Best clothing art
- Voucher, as part of a draw, for people who signed up on the night to join the Lyneham Community Association
- There was warm winter recycled clothing for sale.
It’s was a great fun family event and was successfully organised by the community!